Wednesday, November 14, 2018

Our Journey (Part One )

Our Journey (Part 1)
===========
Qaisya started playschool very early. Qaisya joined Eduwis, Bukit Antarabangsa (now have been replace by Yellow House or something ) when she was around four years old in 2012.by the end of her second year, I was told she was having difficulty in reading comparing to her other friends in the same group (5 of them) All her freinds have master the basic skill in reading except Qaisya. That when I start to look at all her school work. That when I notice the handwriting and the reversal letter. I start to look for info through the web, and find the word 'dyslexia' for the first time. and if you google some more Persatuan Dyslexia Malaysia (PDM) will be the top search for dyslexia in Malaysia.
I bring Qaisya to Persatuan Dyslexia Malaysia (PDM) to learn more about dyslexia. This is the first ever 'assestment' done for Qaisya.(see attached photo). Qaisya was only 5 years old, going to be 6.
My knowledge about dyslexia is zero at this time. I was advise to enroll Qaisya for PDM Intervension class. I thought the 3 months intervension programme will help Qaisya to 'overcome' her difficulty in reading and writing.
I was never told about cognitive skill, school readiness, motor skill, crossing the midline, and until that time I dont even know about 'Occupational Therapist'. Child Development chart and many more ( the wasted opportunity).
At that time , I was very happy about PDM 3 month intervension program for dyslexic kid....... Qaisya was at PDM for about a year.  but Qaisya still not able to master the reading and writing skill up to her age while at  PDM. but Qaisya have a great time at PDM being with other kids with.wonderful and great teachers there.. 









No comments:

Post a Comment